1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could use some prayers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ JD and JD's mom] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

2. boots

boots New Member

JD, no thanks is needed in this case. We've got your prayers and the Lord has your back. Everything is going to be fine.

3. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

What Boots said.
    Gotta keep moving forward. Coping.
    It will unfold as God intends.
    You will find comfort.

4. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

god bless.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

J_D, we're all still pulling for you guys.
    Things getting better at all?

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

JD - sending positive mojo and love.

7. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

My thoughts are with you and your family. As long as your mother is comfortable, then the nurses are doing their job. I wish you calm and peacce through your crisis.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Your mom's in my prayers tonight.

9. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Mine too. Hang in there, man

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The waiting is the hardest part.

Doctors said they'd try to put mom on a regular ventilator, but Thursday came and went, and so did Friday, and Saturday, and now today they tell us her X-rays are worse today than the last three days, so they are leaving her on this high-pressure ventilator. This is one of only about 15 hospitals in the country that even has one of those vents. They were originally designed for military use, then for other trauma victims who needed them just to stay alive. Fortunately for my mom, she's in a place that has them for cases like this.

She last spoke about 10 days ago. Her eyes haven't opened in a couple of days. If you sit in the room with her for hours at a time, it is as if she is in a coma. We were hopeful that today would be the day they changed vents, so they could back off the heavy sedation and allow her to wake up, but that's on hold indefinitely.

So much more I could say, but for now I'll leave it at another thanks to everyone and a hope that none of you have run out of prayers or good vibes.

Oh, and maybe another plug for the Take Care of Yourself thread, which seems more important to me than when I started it.

11. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

JD - I cannot even imagine how you are feeling right now. Every chance you get, talk, talk, talk to your mom. Touch/talk.
    You and your mom are in my prayers.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

JD ... Here's praying your mom hangs in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted