1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could use some prayers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 14, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and your family, J_D. And keep us posted.

2. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

JD -- Having had to deal with my mom's health issues, my thoughts and prayers certainly are with you and her. At the risk of sounding more stupid than usual, though, what is BOOP?

3. Mutah

Mutah Member

BOOP = Bronchiolitis Obliterans with Organizing Pneumonia.

Thoughts with you, JD. I've never really had to deal with death -- my grandparents died when I was fairly young, save for a grandmother, but we knew that was coming. I live in fear of the day when my parents go. Don't know how I'm going to take that. I do know, that they're getting up there in age, so I tell them I love them every chance I get. Every phone call, every visit, every e-mail and letter, I always make a point of telling them. Even without that, they know.

Just like you're mom knows, JD.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Positive thoughts and vibes are going out!

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

JD:

Sending some vibes for your mom, and for you. Good luck.

6. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Positive thoughts all the way around ... I've always believed a good attitude is the best medicine. I'm sending all mine your way. Good luck to your mother, and to your family.

7. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

JD,
    I'm praying for you and your mother. Peace and strength to your entire family. Call if you need an ear!

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

godspeed to your mom, j.d. we've only got one. best to all.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'll make an oral commitment to send some good vibes your way.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone. She's stable on a regular ventilator, but we are beginning to see the handwriting on the wall, that we could be faced with some difficult quality-of-life decisions soon if it looks like she can never function without the ventilator. She is heavily sedated and unaware of her surroundings, the doctors tell us, and there is nothing right now to give us longterm hope.

The prayers and thoughts and wishes and encouragement mean a lot, I can tell you. Thanks again.

11. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Hey JD.....you were right to reach out this way....I add my prayers to those of the other brothers and sisters, here....whereever this is headed, the Lord is already there....He cares!......

12. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

What he said and e-hugs, hugs, hugs for you & your mom!

Draft saved Draft deleted