1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could use some prayers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Or, if you're not the praying type, some positive thoughts and vibes.

The next 24 hours will be critical for my mom, who has been fighting lymphoma, BOOP, Sjogren's syndrome, viral pneumonia, internal bleeding, near kidney failure, almost coma-like low sodium levels, misdiagnosis, four biopsies, a host of autoimmune issues and many other setbacks in the last few months. She was put on a high-pressure ventilator tonight in ICU at one of the top cancer hospitals in the country after being taken back there from the rehab center where she was recovering from chemo. He carbon dioxide levels were dangerously high, and the doctor said if she can't tolerate this ventilator (a 1-in-10 chance) there is probably nothing they will be able to do for her.

The first readings a couple of hours ago prompted cautious optimism from the nurses. What happens in the next few hours will say a lot about her chances of survival. She turned 75 in May while in ICU and hasn't been able to talk for weeks. We talk to her, and she nods and writes on a dry-erase board when she can. Lately she has broken down when we talk, and I fear that the strongest person I know is losing her ability to keep getting off the mat.

Any positive energy you could send her way would be wonderfully generous and appreciated by me and my entire family. I haven't talked much about her on the board because it's very personal, but now I feel the need to reach out to a group I've come to know, respect and share many things with.

Thanks for listening.

J_D

2. KP

KP Active Member

You got 'em.

Good luck to your mother and yourself.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

All my best, man.

Hang in there.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

God bless your mom J_D.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Beannachd Dia dhuit

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

My best wishes and prayers go to you and your family. I know this is a tough time but please hang tough the best you can.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I will send all the positivity and healing vibes I can to you and yours, J_D.

8. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

Of course, you and your family are in our prayers, keep us posted.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'll be praying for you, your mom and the rest of your family, J_D.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Absolutely J_D. Hang in ther man.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Prayers are going out for you and your family.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just hold her hand and tell her you love her....everything else is out of your hands.

We're praying for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted