1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could there be people who don't know who the President is?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I remember one night in college, I was having a conversation with some friends and we were wondering if it were possible for there to be people in this country who don't know who that President of the United States is.
    Could there possibly be a percentage of people in this country who are either so busy with their own lives or so isolated from society that they could not tell you the name of the current President?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I could understand not knowing past presidents, but our present president is so polarizing, you'd think everyone knows who he is.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I remember talking about the 1992 election with a few people around Halloween of that year. One of the guys goes "Bush. He's a Democrat right?"

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm sure you know this, but you are old.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

My dad's fishing buddy once asked if Pope John Paul II died. He had no clue. The same guy didn't hear about 9/11 -- fucking 9/11 -- until weeks after the fact. ::)

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is insane.
    My ex-wife's grandma died 9/10 and she didn't give a shit about 9/11, which bothered me until the end of our marriage recently. I mean, I know your grandma died and that sucks and all, but it isn't quite the same as the WTC being destroyed and all those people dying.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

From what I've been told, he fishes in the morning, does some yard work if possible later in the day, then hits the hay somewhere around 5 p.m. because "there's nothing else to do."

Sad to say, but the guy has no interest in ANYTHING beyond his own little world.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i know somebody like that.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Because he can remember the 1992 election?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, there are some days I'd feel much better, if I didn't remember . . .

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Who's the President of the United States?"

"That guy who starred in Death Valley Days ... John Wayne."

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Marion Morrison, dummy.

Draft saved Draft deleted