1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could the Sony Reader replace the printing press?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by House, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

Would it make a difference to raise the price of the daily paper to $1. Yes.
    Would it make a difference to raise the price of the Sunday paper to $3.50? Double Yes.

Unless something really important happened or there looks like a really good story that I think is important, I won't pay 50 cents for the LA Times.

People who are older and could remember paying a dime for an ice cream cone might pay two dollars for an ice cream cone today, but they won't pay a dollar for a newspaper which cuts back on space and, in many cases, seems to fight stories which might be interesting.

Buckweaver, I know you are reasonable person and were probably just throwing this out as an idea. About the nicest way to categorize this idea is lunacy. Young people aren't reading the paper now, and this would discourage older people from buying the paper.

Would you pay a dollar for the a daily newspaper that you work for?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No. From here, it looks to me as if The Future will entail pushing content to IPod Nano-type devices and cell phones that are equipped with video screens.

Draft saved Draft deleted