1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could the Senate be going back to the GOP?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Feb 22, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Slider. Pecker high. Spit. Didn't slide.

Spit.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Joe might win a GOP presidential nomination, or at least be on the ticket, if he did switch sides.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

I was surprised Lieberman didn't give that consideration. The problem was that, in the primary, he got support from Bill Clinton and some other Democrats. If he switched parties he would not get reelected.

Also, the GOP has a better chance of regaining the House in 2008 than the Senate. The Republicans have a lot of seats to defend in a year which will not be easy running in support of the Iraq war.

No way Lieberman would win a Republican nomination for president. Does anybody really think Lieberman could get more than 10 percent in the South Carolina Republican primary.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You really think so, don't you? You really think mainstream GOP supporters would back a guy of the Hebrew faith? Yeah, I see that happening in Southern Baptist-dominated Texas.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I don't remember Lincoln being a moderate. I thought he was going to save the Union at all costs and advocated the abolition of slavery -- saying that our nation could not survive as a union of slave and free states. So how exactly was Lincoln a moderate? Stephen Douglas was a moderate.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Texas would vote Benjamin Netanyahu automatic citizenship and the election if the option was President Che Rodham.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Your incorrectness needs no response other than this.
    Yawn...please lean really close to the screen so you can read this message.

Closer....

Closer.....

Closer.....

YOU ARE DELUSIONAL IF YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Simply refer to how Billy with the Wet Willy constantly got his ass beat trying to carry Texas and you'll see how delusional I am. Republicans there, like in most places, so loathe his woman that wanting her to run just to galvanize the party makes them feel ill for wanting her to win anything in the first place. It's like the effect of good medicine....let her win the nomination, then beat the shit out of her in the general election. Sorry for the woman-beating illustration, but it's politics, and it's dirty. And there will be no bruises, no blood, just a "Bill, I should have never ran. I dented your legacy and for that, I am truly sorry. In humility, let me deliver you Monica for a night of healing."

9. It wasn't the House bank. It was 40 years of being in charge.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

40 years of gridlock.

Check that. 40 years of making promises they didn't keep and manipulating voters for the sake of re-election. Republicans didn't learn from this and were swept out of a double-majority very quickly.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's nothing more moderate than abolishing something in which nearly half the country was engaged.

Completely delusional there.

At least we know why Ellis is a Cubs fan. He thinks a swing and a miss is a home run.

12. The Voting Rights Act (plus the 24th Amendment), the Clean Air and Water acts, making Plessy v. Ferguson obsolete, the 26th Amendment -- should I go on? Yeah, gridlock.

Asshat.

Draft saved Draft deleted