1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Roe v. Wade be history?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, Aug 30, 2008.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Folks, there's a ton of campaign cash in fighting for or against abortion rights.

Roe v. Wade won't go away anytime soon.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One thing I do know: Fredo's implicit definition of "hard work" is pretty funny.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's an interesting concept. Let's hold a Constitutional Convention, draft a new Constitution and organize the Republic differently.
    Let's scrap the idea of individual states as the central focus of government. A National sales tax, property tax, national board of education, a single police department with centralized training, a nation wide court system with one set of national laws.

Expand Congress so that each Representative has no more than 100,000 constituents, eliminate the Senate as a faux democratic House of Lords and go with a National Parliament style of Congress. Eliminate the need for governors and organize the country according to geographic areas where localities have similar needs. UpState New York has as much in common with NYC as Bosnia does with Peru.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Obviously that's not what I was saying. I was just giving an example of what it means to change definitions.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe you left that one hanging there and didn't realize it. i just didn't want someone to go out of context on your ugly, old, repbulican ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted