1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could LeBron James Really Play in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 6, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What do you think?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've often thought that, taking aside the gambling/suspension rumors, that, relatively speaking, Jordan did fairly well in his one year of minor league baseball.

Considering how hard it is for guys who've played baseball their whole lives just to make it to Double-A, the fact that a guy who hadn't played since Little League managed to hit .202, 3 HRs, 51 RBI and steal 30 bases showed he had some ability. Would have been interesting to see how he would have done if he'd stayed with it. Obviously, I don't think he would have been a baseball star, but maybe he might have made the majors with more experience.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Antonio Gates didn't play football in college, and has done OK for himself at tight end. I suspect LeBron could probably make the transition too.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

He'd be fine...the NFL is getting close to allowing flopping anyway.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Athletically there is little doubt. I'm not sure we would ever really know until he got popped hard few times. It takes a different type of mentality to play football.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree.

If I could take one NBA player and turn them into a football player rather than a basketball player it would be Charles Barkley. Size, speed, strength, motor...

Others could be Nate Robinson and, well, I am not having that many come to mind.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

wrong Charles, Oakley , 6-8 could have carried about 250 as an OLB

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Julius Peppers transitioned well to the gridiron.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Barkley made the Oak Tree look like he wore cement Nikes.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I would have gone with Anthony Mason. Stronger than Oakley and much quicker.

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Consider Wilton Norman Chamberlain...

7'1" tall; about 300 lbs; track and field athlete plus hands big enough to palm a piano...

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dwyane Wade would make a good kicker.

Draft saved Draft deleted