1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Danica have an advantage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 12, 2006.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Here's a quote by IRL driver Ed Carpenter in a story about Danica Patrick by the AP.

‘‘I think Danica’s pretty aggressive in our cars,’’ Carpenter said on WGFX-FM in Nashville. ‘‘I mean, you know especially if you catch her at the right time of the month, she might be trading plenty of paint out there,’’ he said. ‘‘But I think she’ll hold her own. Who’s she’s going to drive for is hard to say. I don’t think she’s leaving, so we’ll see’’
    Carpenter later told The Associated Press he didn’t mean to disrespect Patrick by using a female stereotype.

He might as well said, "I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Carpenter can consider himself grounded! :mad:

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Women drivers can NEVER have an advantage.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ed Carpenter -- arbiter of all there is to know about open-wheel racing.

What a dickfuck comment he made. Just glad he races for Tony George's team, so George can squirm a bit.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I do hope Danica, um, trades paint with him this weekend, perhaps even to the point that he's out of the race after. Jackass.

I hope his S.O. kicks his ass for that comment. :p

6. lono

lono Active Member

The only reason Ed has a ride is he's a member of the lucky sperm club. He's Tony George's stepson. Otherwise, he couldn't get a job driving a Zamboni at an IHL game.

What a fucking dicksnort.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ed Carpenter is not a member of the Lucky Sperm Club. He's worse --- he's a member of the Mom Got Lucky On The Rebound Club.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ed Carpenter may be a dicksnort, but at least he did marginally well in midgets and sprints. He's not quite the rolling chicane guys like Dr. Jack Miller and George Mack were.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

An update to this story, Danica Patrick commented on what Carpenter said:

"That sounds like a good joke to me, it’s pretty funny to me. No big deal. Ed is a really nice guy. There’s no drama there. I think it’s funny. I’m glad he’s showing some personality."

I guess after Richard Petty says women shouldn't be racing at all, then Carpenter's comments don't mean shit.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Pot, kettle ...

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was a funny joke, and I would've thought so whether Danica agreed or not.

I mean, come on, people, lighten up.

Draft saved Draft deleted