1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couch Potato competition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Winner went 29 hours in a recliner at a New York ESPN Zone watching bowl games and sports highlights

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080104/ap_on_fe_st/odd_couch_potato_contest;_ylt=Au8HBE.YEQl1.VJMJLoSphntiBIF

Surely, there are some SportsJournalists.commers who could challenge that number, right? Or could you not handle that much Linda Cohn, Sean Salisbury, and the Boomer on a continuous loop?

Me, I'd run into problems keeping from nodding off at some point. Would probably have to go the Clockwork Orange route and tape my eyes open.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No way I could get through 29 hours of sports television without a nap. Especially that awful New Year's Day slate of bowls.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, as soon as they started interviewing Chase Daniel's parents in the stands during the Cotton Bowl, I'd have been history ...

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This is as much about watching what you eat and drink as it is staying awake. Go put away a few beers early in the competition and you're done.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I could do it. I'd just need my laptop with me and a feedbag to my left.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Same here. F that guy.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sweet, a librarian wins!

Draft saved Draft deleted