1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Costumed superhero advertises on Craigslist for sidekick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Mods: Please move to the jobs board if appropriate.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/etc/3099316814.html

Costumed Superhero in desperate need of a sidekick. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: light and sometimes comedic fighting, watching my back, commanding use of puns and one liner jokes, hero worship, undying loyalty, quickly being able to "Take the wheel" during a high speed pursuit, and getting coffee from Starbucks at my whim. Able to work at nights is mandatory. Must be able and willing to learn how and when to use numerous gadgets as the situation may dictate (i.e. using shark repellent would be far more useful while we are SCUBA diving and less useful when we are hang gliding, I know this is confusing, but we will cover all of that during orientation). Theme must be able to relate to mine. I am The Solenodon (a small venomous mammal) as I had suffered a horrific solenodon accident years ago during a radioactive experiment, if you are from the area, you have almost certainly heard of me. Mysterious past preferred. Unfortunately funding is short and medical and dental cannot yet be provided, however small wages will be paid which makes this an excellent choice for a part time job. I look forward to hearing from all potential candidates. Any questions you can call or text my Solenodon Phone 1-SAVE-THE-DAY (72 EIGHT -3 EIGHT 4-3 THREE 29) or email me.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Active Member

Doesn't mention if I need a cover letter or not?

/crossthread

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm totally calling.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm good enough to be a costumed sidekick, dammit!

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Must be this guy.

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Not for me, but if he's looking for a good supervillain to battle ...

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think my favorite part of the listing is, "Compensation: Depending on Experience." So, if I'm a superhero looking to wind down my days until retirement in a more low-key role, would I be paid better than a young up-and-comer looking to make a name for himself? Or would that experience be held against me because the company can't afford another high-salaried crime fighter?

Either way, Sara Ganim could totally get this job.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Sucks that I hate working nights.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Somebody has to take "Horrific Solenodon Accident" for their fantasy football team name.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

....Either him or the guy in the new "Crunchy Nut Cereal" ads. Good God!!

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Does the sidekick also have to base his/her identity on a venomous or poisonous mammal?
    The slow loris, the maned rat, the platypus?

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Do you have a problem with that job requirement?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted