1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Costas Town Hall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Love profanity.

Direct. To the point. Economical.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

In this case I thought it detracted from Buzz's credibility.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

His eyes and paper-holding gesticulations did more than the language.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The combination of the three made him look unhinged.

And Leitch needed to do a better job defending himself. His schtick is all about coming off as the reasonable guy in person. He needs to point out that sports blogs generally either cover news that the traditional media does not (Deadspin is like Us Weekly crossed with Maxim) or serves to fact-check the media. The blogs that tore apart Buzz's theory about young pitchers is a perfect example. We hate them because they either represent the new media equivalent of tabloid journalism or because they call us out.

5. Actually we hate many of them because they are poo-flinging morons.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm watching this now, and I just wanted to say that hearing Costas say 'fuckface' may be the greatest thing to happen to me today. Which is a high bar.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just caught the replay in my hotel room (hell, I don't even have CABLE at home, forget HBO). Damned solid show, and giddy as hell at news that they plan another one later this year focused solely on race. And like IJAG, I'm just all atwitter and giddy because I got to hear Costas utter "fuckface." It's like the time I heard my third grade teacher -- a nun -- say "shit".

8. If it gets you to stop fantasizing about scooping Jenna's new hubby, I'm down with it, too.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmm Hager.

Draft saved Draft deleted