1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Costas leaves HBO, joins MLB Network

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 4, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm not worried about Costas being critical. I'm a little more curious about Verducci.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Good for both parties. Costas NOW was a terrible show for HBO.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I just hope this network can survive. I understand MLB is having tough times. I heard something about the laying off of writers at MLB.com and having to use interns for much of the load.

Good luck, MLB. I'm pulling for you. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Mostly it annoys me that Costas is such a pompous, hubris-spewing twit but, yeah, that, too.

5. Ruh-roh.

6. I really, really disagree. His long-form, uninterrupted interviews and roundtables, available mostly through the On Demand section of digital cable/FIOS menus, were of a depth and quality that WWL can only dream about.

I wondered why there was no visual of "CostasNOW" on HBO's lead-in to the most recent "Real Sports." I hope that there will be a revival of the "Costas Coast To Coast" name.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

So the best parts of the show weren't on the TV broadcast.

Draft saved Draft deleted