1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cost of Living in SF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Firstime Caller, Jun 29, 2006.

1. I wouldn't dream on moving to SF and living on $30,000/year. That's how much more we'd be making. Plus, we don't have to worry about housing costs.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

What are we talking...$550 a square foot housing?

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Those people in "Pacific Heights" didn't seem to have trouble buying a house.

The tenant gave them some shit, though.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow, way to pull off the obscure-movie reference, DyePack.

Somewhere, Michael Keaton, and his eyebrows, just nodded appreciatively.

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Well, if Full House taught me anything, it's that San Francisco is expensive.

I mean you had TWO morning talk show hosts, a lead singer of a wildly popular band, and a stand up comedian, and they STILL had to all live in the same house with five kids.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

This board scares me sometimes.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

Live in the East Bay near a BART station.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

According to one of those "cost-of-living comparison" websites, I would need a salary of $123,000 in San Francisco to maintain the same standard of living I have where I am.

So unless that's the going rate over there, I don't care how nice the sunsets are. They ain't getting my resume.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hey, don't look at me. :)

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When The Big One hits SF, everything's gonna be a fixer-upper.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

How the hell do average people live in San Francisco or New York or any of those big expensive cities? Not everyone makes $100,000 a year. They've got coffee shops, gas stations, fast food joints and Old Navy stores...how do the people that work in those places make it? Seriously, I want to know this. I used to work with a guy who was a waiter in San Francisco and he never gave me a good answer, outside of "roommates" and "commuting".

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted