1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corso out, Granny in? Herby replacing Davie in the booth at WWL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 21, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Why keep something people like?
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That has GOT to be a delayed April Fools joke, right? Who in his right fucking mind would think Lou Holtz would work on the crazy GameDay set? Christ.
  4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And ESPN has finally succeeded in fucking up the one studio show that was any good.

Nice work douchebags.
  5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Karl Ravech as Gameday host? I don't get it.

Why not Reece Davis?
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll believe that when I see it. Not buying it from this BLOG!
  7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wonder how many times they'll bring up Holtz leaving schools just before the NCAA investigators get there?
    Never? Oh. Ok.
  8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Fowler is a great host of that show. I've been to gameday 3-4 times and he always interacts with the crowds.

I hope this is a joke. Gameday is the one thing I watch on ESPN. Except Lou Holtz sucks.
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

1. ESPN can't be that stupid, can it?

2. At first, I thought Granny -- the one who posts on this site, not Holtz -- got a promotion. Shucks.
  10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This would be the biggest fucking disaster ESPN ever created. I guess when there's one show you haven't fucked up yet -- well...
  11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure I should blame ESPN here as much as Home Depot. This is why you never, ever let a sponsor dictate program content. Many on this board, including me, didn't live back in the 1950s, but anyone remember the quiz show scandals??

This move sucks on all levels. Chris Fowler is a dependable, even-headed host who knows how to guide everyone through the pre-game show and touch upon everything that needs to be hit Saturday mornings. Corso's act, while old, is still entertaining and he knows his football. Herbstreit is knowledgeable, even if he loves Ohio State a wee bit too much.

Why the hell do you break up a team like this?
  12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Why can't ESPN just ignore Home Depot and find another sponsor?

But hey, ESPN, just go full out. Have College Gameday be Stu Scott, Screamin' A., and Skip Bayless. Then put the Schwab in the Erin Andrews role and have Mitch Albom be your features reporter.
Draft saved Draft deleted