1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corriendo beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Oh, that was very much on my mind when I made my post. The WHIP is pretty damn amazing, too. Combine those two and I couldn't care less about his record or strikeout total (though both are very good). He is easily the best in the AL so far.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Verlander's last start before the break is on Wednesday, so he would have a full complement of rest. I also believe Beckett will be fully rested by the All Star Game.

I'm a little biased in saying I think Verlander should start, but Beckett has earned it as well. Those are probably 1 and 1A, although you really can't go wrong with any of about 4-5 pitchers.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070625&content_id=2048434&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

Ok...at what point does somebody in that organization pull a John Smoltz and tell Rich Harden to get on the mound and pitch already? He says it is not worth pushing through the ache at this point, but when do start to question if it is a matter of toughness rather than injury?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Not gonna lie … When I first saw the fan running at Howry, my initial reaction was “Yeah, kick his fucking ass!”

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The Reds will find a way to lose two of the three, just as they have for the past month.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I did not know that. I was listening on the radio, and Ron Santo was too busy preparing himself for a Japanese suicide ritual to even mention it.

"Unbelievable ... Oh my gosh ... just unbelievable."

Santo's level of surprised indignation when the Cubs act like the Cubs never ceases to amaze. He's like that Tom Hanks character from the old SNL skit, Mr. Short Term Memory.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I just want to know who this Scott "Ire" might be that Fred Hickman was talking about in the Cubs highlights on the late SportsCenter. I thought it was Scott Eyre. Silly me.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The attempted attack

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I was surprised Comcast showed as much as they did. Back when Arne Harris was the producer, they never would have shown that.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

If the guy didn't stop when he reached the mound, we could have had an ass-kicking on our hands.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Howry should've wound up and fired the ball.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Or if the guy continued running and not stopped to throw up his hands, deck him with a clean right.

Draft saved Draft deleted