1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corriendo beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Why isn't Floyd hitting for Howry? Koyie Hill? WTF?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

In all fairness, my favorite team is the Bears. Cubs are an extremely close second. Bulls are third; Blackhawks are 42nd, behind the Fire, Sky, Wolves, Rush, Peoria Riverdogs, Kane County Cougars, Schaumburg Flyers, the defunct Chicago Sting, etc.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

My apologies to Koyie Hill, who singled to left.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And Soriano redeems the dogass bullpen with a game-winning hit in the bottom of the ninth.

IHTFT rescinded.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Well, I'll be damned. And might I add that I have a mighty man crush on Mike Fontenot.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Wow.

But Scott Eyre coming back out for the 9th?
    K. Hill pinch hitting? I know Fuentes is tough on lefties ... but come on ... what the hell?
    Pagan not bunting after DeRosa's leadoff single?

I know ... I know ... Quit bitching, HP ... But Piniella's in-game management is fucking terrible.

Still, atta boy Fontenot. 5 for 5. Theriot, Fontenot ... I love those little fuckers. Izturis should rarely see the field. And Junk Jones really should be traded for ANYTHING or simply released right now. They need another arm up with the big club now. 10 pitchers won't be enough against the Rockies. Just find whichever young player has the most AAA options left and option him until Dempster can come back ... or release Junk Jones ... do something.

7. Hammer Pants

Good one in San Fran still going.

Mike Cameron gives the Pads a 3-2 lead with a 3-run shot in the top of the 8th, and Sweeney, Winn and Roberts have all hit singles to tie it a 3-3 in the bottom of the 8th. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with two outs, and Bonds coming up.

Can't believe Linebrink blew it in the 8th. Let's see what happens with Bonds...

8. Hammer Pants

Duh ... intentional walk to Barry. Klesko up ...

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

John Lackey outdueled by John Thompson... and Dotel doesn't blow a save. Incidentally, KC now leads the all-time series with Los Angeles/California/Anaheim/Los-Angeles-Anaheim by a game.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Bobby Fucking Howry.  Scott Fucking Eyre.  Will Fucking Howry.  Get rid of these cocksucking stiffs. 

Memo to Jake Peavy and the Padres:  Soriano can Cadillac around the bases anytime he wants to.  That little man is swinging the bat as of late. 

Fontenot is a good player and he has a chance to play at Wrigley.  Why they haven't called up Geovany Soto from Des Moines is beyond me.  He made Barrett look like a JV benchwarmer with his play behind the plate and timely hitting.  If they need an arm to fill in until Dempster comes back, Les Walrond can come up and throw in a few games. He's been consistent. The other arms here in Des Moines, I'm not sure if I want to send one of them up yet. They have been up and down in their performances.

11. Hammer Pants

I'm ready to see Soto, too.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

J.J. Hardy's back is feeling better. He went deep in the Brewers' win tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted