1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corriendo beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

I think Young was in already.
    Hell, you could have made a very slight - VERY - case for Colome. But Young trumps him.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

I thought Guzman may have snuck in ahead of Young, though it's not like the NL is hurting for shortstops either. I figure Pujols, Prince Fielder, and maybe Adrian Gonzalez are in at 1B. Would Young beat out A-Gon, and anyone else from the NL? Remember, no DH either.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Isn't Young still in the top five in BA? He was always going. Plus, his story of rebirth is a natural for the All-Star Game stage. *Cue Starman going apeshit* :D :D

4. grzgrl

grzgrl New Member

A little off topic from the Nats, gotta do my part to bring the discussion back to the west coast, though :p
    Can the A's still trade Milton Bradley even though the Royals didn't want him?
    You gotta think that kills your trade value when the freaking Royals won't take you. I guess he's hurt, but that never stopped anyone before.
    If the Reds offered up Ken Griffey Jr. in one of the seasons where he was hurt you gotta think there'd be three to four teams lining up for his services.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Rumors were all over the place that Junk Jones would be dealt by today, and that doesn't look like it will happen. I am sad, and the Cubs still have just 10 active, healthy pitchers until Dempster is ready to go, which might not happen until the end of the week. They could probably use 2-3 more arms tonight with Jason Marquis throwing against the pissed-off Rockies, who were swept and nearly no-hit by the fucking Blue Jays.

I would happily accept any of the following for Junk...

1. A used fungo.
    2. A bottle of Lenny Dykstra's dip spit.
    3. A live Billy Goat.
    4. Tank Johnson.
    5. Anything other than "K"orey Patterson, Jose Macias, Neifi Perez or LaTroy Hawkins.

6. Hammer Pants

If Young does indeed have to make the NL All-Star team, that makes quite a logjam at 1B with Fielder, Pujols, Ryan Howard, D. Lee, Helton and Young ... all four of those guys are having All-Star seasons. Lee's six home runs are laughably low, but he's hitting .350, so he's an All-Star.

The SS logjam in the NL is tough, too. Reyes, Hardy, Renteria, Hanley Ramirez, Rollins ... tough calls.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough

Question for the baseball historians (hi buckweaver :D)

Has there ever been a player who got his first major league RBI AND his first major league save in the same game?

Chad Durbin had a sac fly last night and threw the last three innings for the save.

Just wondering. Haven't really started to look for the answer, but will do that sometime tonight.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't know about that, Hank, but I do know that Johan Santana became the first Twins pitcher to triple since the advent of the DH.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't want to alarm anyone, but the Braves just scored a run. Make sure all your affairs are in order.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You bite your tongue. [/yankeesfanabouttojumpship]

11. Hammer Pants

I really like Angel Pagan ... as a team's 4th or 5th outfielder. Switch-hitter with great speed (though he's sometimes a moron on the basepaths) and he's still hitting higher than .300. He just gave the Cubs a 4-1 lead with a 3-run blast in the 1st inning.

Against righties

LF ... Soriano
    CF ... Pie
    RF ... Floyd

Against lefties ...

LF ... Soriano
    CF ... Pagan
    RF ... DeRosa (or Murton if he's up again)

12. Hammer Pants

Izturis just made his 7th error, which would be OK if he wasn't a platoon-player WHO CAN'T HIT ANYTHING. He's supposed to be in there for his defense.

Draft saved Draft deleted