1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corriendo beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, so we got Guzman's but boil (lower extremities? I thought that was ... lower than the buttocks area) and Buerhle trade rumors.

I'm starting to wonder who's going to want him, the way he's pitched the last couple of years.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

uh......spaghetti?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Corriando beisbol estring numero seis (because 46 pages on No. 5 was enough ...)

Uhh, he threw a no-hitter this year, he's got a 3.39 ERA and a WHIP barely above 1.00 and he's striking out far more batters this year than last.

He was awful last year, no doubt about that, but he's "playoff-tested," only 28 and seems to be the type of guy you'd like to have around the clubhouse. Would I sign him for five years and nearly $100 mil? No. He's a very good pitcher, but not someone I'd build around as an ace. But in this market, someone will, and I bet he looks like a better deal in three years than Zito.

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

In case I haven't said it lately, I have finally joined most of you in saying the Yankees are dead. That's D-E-A-D. You can't lose two of three to the God-awful Giants and expect to be a wild card. The season is now over. And if I'm wrong, I'll eat this computer.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Guzman has a thumb injury. Jesus Colome has a wounded fanny.
    Just to make that clear.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Coincidence? I think not.

Those stories really need to be packaged together for fun headline possibilities.

7. novelist_wannabe

If you stick your thumb up ... oh, never mind

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Preserved ...

Oh, and for clarity, would the Yankees earning a wild card qualify as making you wrong? I just want it on record.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Yankees aren't getting any wild card.

Catch the Sox or stay home.

10. novelist_wannabe

Since the start of the 2006 season, Buehrle is 16-17 with a 4.48 ERA in 46 starts with a .285 opponents average (49 homers allowed) with 158 strikeouts and 65 walks in 297 innings over that period.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Gusman injury may put Dmitry Young into the All-Star game by default now. Wow.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know that. And he threw a no-hitter this year and is on pace for his best WHIP ever.

Given his history of effectiveness prior to 2006, I'm willing to believe he was spent last year from throwing 260-odd innings, counting the playoffs, in '05.

If he goes to the NL, he could be very effective for several more years.

Draft saved Draft deleted