1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corrections of the year

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Dec 12, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Fun with photos corrections..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/corrections/story/0,,2225394,00.html
    and
    Running the same photo twice? Inexcusable.
    Mistaking a Bentley for an Oldsmobile, very bizzare.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

At a PM years ago, we had a news columnist who wrote a folksy column. In this particular column, he had a few references to his "good friend Stan." But because somebody (fortunately not me) hit the wrong key while spellchecking the column, it was published as his "good friend Satan."

The columnist understandably wasn't happy. This was in the "Bible belt."

3. sizzle

sizzle New Member

At my college paper, a kid was studying abroad and sent in an e-mail column for us to put in the paper. Whoever slapped it on the page copied and pasted it directly from the e-mail leaving the line "Peace out, Bitches!" It was at the top of the column and there was a double space afterwards making it stand out even more. Good times.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't know why, but I'm laughing pretty hard at that one.
    How was the correction worded?
    "We at the University Telegraph would like to apologize for including the line "Peace out bitches" at the end of Joe Junior's column. It was a massive oversight, and one that we will not repeat next time someone emails in a column from overseas."

Draft saved Draft deleted