1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Corporations are people, too!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Aug 12, 2011.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Soylent Green is corporations!

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A complete Plastic Man, with an utter inability to relate to the broad population . . . downright Nixonian, in that regard. A good many of the "government should be run like a business" guys have that problem. And at his age, it's incurable.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Up with Corporations!

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Shower the corporations you love with love.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Shiny, happy corporations.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

There is merit to the idea that "government should be run like a business." That's not Mitt Romney's problem.

The problem is that Romney is pretending to be a male version of Sarah Palin when his looks and background scream Gordon Gekko. And unlike Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, Romney doesn't have the acting skills to pull it off. So he looks fake and phony and insincere.

As much as I detest Michelle Bachmann and Rick Santorum, at least they're remaining true to who they really are. What we're seeing from them is what we've always seen from them as long as they've been in politics - firebrand fiscal conservatism, even more firebrand social conservatism and a knack for making some of the most outrageous statements imaginable. Even Jon Huntsman stood behind his support of civil unions in Utah - hardly a popular position in his home state and not much more so amongst his party's primary electorate.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We didn't land on corporations. Corporations landed on us.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There's really not, mostly because the corporations-are-people types won't allow government to turn a profit.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

I can see Valentine's Day cards for corporations. There's got to be a market. I want in on the frontline.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    P/E RATIOS THRU THE ROOF
    AND I LOVE YOU

11. mb

mb Active Member

SOYLENT GREEN IS CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Been around the world and found that only stupid corporations are breeding...

Draft saved Draft deleted