1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor/writer, Danbury (Conn.) News-Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Feb 11, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Danbury News-Times, a 30,000 circulation daily an hour north of New York City, is looking for a versatile sports staffer to fill out its four-person sports staff. Duties would be largely page design and copy editing, but as is the case with many staffs of this size, there will be plenty of writing opportunities. Preps coverage is our core with 12 area high schools, but we also spend time covering D-III Western Connecticut State University, whose women's soccer team reached the Final Four this year. On the desk, we use Jazbox and Indesign.

Anyone interested should send their resume to Sports Editor Jason Sonski at jsonski@newstimes.com.

2. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

This position was open recently, was filled and then became open again after the person who was hired backed out a day before he was scheduled to start. There is a good group people here (Yes I work there). If anyone has any questions on this one feel free to PM me.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Is this still open?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is a kid who is now writing for Brooks Community News - a weekly in Fairfield County that has really caught my eye in his skill to make prep gamers readable and interesting. His name is Matt Norlander. With his talent I can't imagine that he is long for a weekly. If I were the Danbury Editor I would go after this guy.

5. jps

jps Active Member

Wow. Thanks for stopping by, Matt's mom. Way to go for the gusto here Mrs. N. I'll definitely e-mail Jason and let him know your boy would be interested.

6. Boom_70

From what I've seen in Danbury paper he should have Jason's job right now.

7. DanRPI34

DanRPI34 New Member

Matt, I'll be sure to relay your kind words to Jay

8. Boom_70

Maybe Jay will give him your job . ;)

9. Boom_70

Matt just got hired by CBS Sports.com to cover college basketball.

Only know Matt just by his outstanding work covering local preps in my area.

Figured that sooner or later the guy would move on to bigger and better things than a weekly.

Matt -if you happen to read this site congratulations and best of luck. You will be missed by your readers in Fairfield County.

Draft saved Draft deleted