1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor -- The Casper (Wyo.) Star Tribune,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ScottJBryan

ScottJBryan Member

Copy editor/page design jobs are hard to fill. A lot of people who apply have no -- I mean ZERO! -- experience in copy editing and/or design. It's not an easy gig to fill.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I can agree. A lot of folks who have been editors at one point in their life can do copy editing, and even if they haven't, it's not too hard to learn after a little studying of style. However, the design part can be killer.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Oh, no doubt. I was quibbling more with coming out and saying, in essence, everyone who applied wasn't good enough to warrant consideration. Again, that's the assumed/understood reason for most job repostings. Still stings a bit if you put in for the job only to find out that way that you weren't good enough and that they'd rather go to the well again and hope for better fortune than to give you a shot. I've put in for enough jobs where they reposted the position (repeatedly, in some cases), and it's always discouraging. Just surprised at the straightforwardness, is all.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well now, that's a deal breaker.

5. rjfxvii

rjfxvii New Member

Anyone know the pay scale for this position?

Draft saved Draft deleted