1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor, Stockton, CA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Dec 18, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Record (Stockton, CA) is looking for a creative, energetic copy editor with solid all-around sports knowledge to join our 15-member team that strives to produce one of the top sports sections in the country. The Record serves San Joaquin County and the Mother Lode and has a circulation of 60,000-plus Monday through Saturday and 70,000 on Sundays. The ideal candidate would have excellent editing, layout and headline writing skills, solid news judgment and an ability to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines. Send resume, work samples and references to: Bob Highfill, Sports Editor, The Record, P.O. Box 900, Stockton, CA 95201 or bhighfill@recordnet.com or (209) 546-8282.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I guess they also hired a new SE recently as that position was available earlier this year.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

Duck .... there's another shooting ....

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agreed.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

Not a bad paper, though, but I was there last summer and thought I may not make it out alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted