1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor, Richmond Times-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

When they go against John Marshall, they are called the Confederettes. LOL

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The editor of the paper, Glenn Proctor, announced today he will retire in July.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011/apr/01/proctor-retire-editor-times-dispatch-ar-943858/

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Really?

I can agree with that. Not really a mingle-with-the-minions guy, but his actions sure did make sure you knew he had no interest in mingling with the minions, or in listening to them.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Their dollar burger night has gone up to $2, but the prime rib special on Sundays is still about a buck an ounce.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

They need to bring back the late-night hot dogs and guarantee Gulden Draak is always on tap.

6. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Re: Proctor. I talked to him about a job a couple of times. I thought he leaned a little too heavily on the "I'm a hardass" shtick. Is he a Marine, too?

7. imjustagirl

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'd apply but the pleasure, pressure and pride of sitting in the editor's chair at the RT-D may be a little too much for me. Then again....

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That really made me laugh. By the way, what are the positive aspects about life in Mechanicsville?

10. imjustagirl

Jason Mraz is from there?

Oh, you said positive.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There's a Cracker Barrel there.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

With prime rib about $5 a pound wholesale for a middle of the road grade, if they're getting a buck an ounce from you, you're not getting that sweet of a deal. They are.

Draft saved Draft deleted