1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor, Richmond Times-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Mar 23, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

2 a.m. to 4 a.m. - on weekends

That said, why the fuck would you want to go to DC when Tidewater, C'ville, the OBX and the Blueridge Mountains are all much more interesting places to travel?

Great town for food, eclectic eats and the cost of living is not too bad.

Plus, I think it is the only major city in America with white water rapids running through the center of town.

But there are a few rough areas. Be careful of those.

2. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

Another vote for Richmond as an awesome town - lovely food and attractions, plus the arts community is really thriving. Visit from Hampton Roads all the time.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think it's in Hanover. Not positive.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are both correct - Atlee is in Hanover.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And that's about the only thing in Hanover. Except for Ashland, The Center of the Universe. That town must have cell phone jammers installed on every block, becuase I've never gotten signal there.

6. 93Devil

Get a better cell phone (Verizon). About 98,000 people live in Hanover. It's the burbs, but it is not the sticks.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

RICHMOND METRO FIGHT!

8. Mystery Meat II

I've had three cell phone carriers in my various stays in the Richmond Metro. They all go south in Ashland. And realistically, Hanover is probably 3/5ths sticks, particularly north and west of Ashland and north and east of Mechanicsville, 1/4th suburb, and the rest is Ashland.

9. 93Devil

Hey, two weeklies and the TD are options in Hanover.

Once you drive three miles north of 295, it is country, but it's not like it's totally hayfields.

10. Big Circus

HIT HIM IN THE FACE! SHOW HIM HOW MECHANICSVILLE ROLLS! WHAT!

11. Mystery Meat II

No don't, I'm allergic to tomatoes and Confederate battle flags! And Randolph-Macon students. But who isn't?

12. Big Circus

I always thought Lee-Davis should have called their girls teams the Confederettes.

Draft saved Draft deleted