1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor, Richmond Times-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Mar 23, 2011.

1. thebigd

thebigd Member

So this position would report to Steve Trosky?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Richmond's a great great town. Great restaurants, museums, art/music scene, decent climate, easy drive to D.C. and the beaches. Hard to argue against it.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Anyone who has ever sat on I-95 for any stretch of time, especially between Springfield and Richmond, would disagree with this statement.

Definitely is an easy drive to Raleigh, though.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

In fairness, it's not Richmond's fault that D.C. completely screws up all traffic within a 50-mile radius. It's actually easier to get to D.C. from Richmond than just about any of the other surrounding areas of similar distance.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It's convenient to DC, let's put it that way. I basically live next to the train station, so that's a viable option. Even with traffic, though, it might be a quicker drive to DC than Raleigh. If you can get on the HOV lanes or at the very least avoid drama in PW County, you're in good shape.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

DC to Richmond and Richmond to DC is an easy run, IF TIMED PROPERLY.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I will be making that run in October. When is the proper time?

In four years of driving the 270/Beltway to and from school, it was always under construction. And the sprawl pretty much started just south of Rockwell and stopped in Springfield/Franconia.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

For me, it's kind of simple - don't go north on 95 between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. don't go south between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. If I do, I go up Route 1. Yeah I get in jams sometimes, but the rule generally works.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know, no. But I could be wrong. The editing center is under different direction.

10. Hoos3725

Hoos3725 Member

Moddy is correct. The Consolidated Editing Center is under separate leadership. And it's a good 10 miles away from the Times-Dispatch.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which means no walking out the back door to go to Louisiana Flair for one of Nate's Po' Boys or some beignets. Their loss.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Out in Atlee?

Draft saved Draft deleted