1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor/paginator, Tulsa World

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JRoyal, Dec 9, 2011.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

We're looking for a copy editor for our universal desk here in Tulsa. I'm not the one making the hire, but I'd like us to get someone who is solid with sports. Here's our ad off journalismjobs.com

The Tulsa World has an immediate opening for a full time copy editor / paginator. The position’s shift is for nights and weekends from 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Qualified individual must have: (1) A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (2) at least one (1) year of daily newspaper experience working or equivalent. (3) The position requires skills in editing news, sports, features, and business copy and the ability to work effectively on deadline. (4) Computer literacy is a must including the use of a pagination system to design and build pages. (5) A successful applicant should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Interested individuals may send resume in (JPG, PDF or Word format) to: hr@tulsaworld.com or by fax to (918)584-8966 or by mail Attn: HUMAN RESOURCES, 315 S. Boulder Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74103. NO Phone Calls Please, EOE

If you have any questions, message me.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ummm... didn't you just lay off Rob Neal a few months ago from this very gig? Or something close to it?

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

There were layoffs early in the year, but this isn't the gig Robert held. Similar position but not the same. TJ Gerlach is leaving to work for Tulsa Public Schools. We're filling his position.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Thanks for the explanation. Went to school with Rob and it startled me to see a position he held being advertised.

Draft saved Draft deleted