1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor, New Jersey

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JaRoy Hobbs, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

geez, get a new line. you post the same thing over and over again. yes, we get it, you don't like jrc. yes, we get it, you think they're spawns of satan. yes, we get it, you're just trying to save us all from the evils of applying at the trentonian. bravo, you're a freakin superhero to us all. now move on.

2. lapdog

lapdog Member

It simply cannot be reiterated enough what a goddamn nightmare and plague on the face of journalism the Journal Register Company is, and what a complete fool anyone applying for a job at any of its papers is.

I don't THINK this. It's a Mother Fucking Fact. And Fuck You If You Don't Like It.

This should be forwarded to every journalism school in North America and plastered on every bulletin board so that nobody will be stupid enough to fall into the trap of working at a JRC paper and see their career slaughtered before it begins.

If you want to pursue a career in journalism, you'd be better off working at fucking Burger King.

And let's all get down on our knees and pray that Cancer has better luck in its next go-round with Uncle Bob.

3. What are you doing in journalism, Lapdog? You should be a lawyer. ::)

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Indeed, and with posts like that, these newbies will get the impression that it truly was the cream of American journalism getting porked by Bob The Evil One. Classy people. Articulate people. Objective people. Sane people.

You do more harm than good to your cause.

5. boots

boots New Member

Look, jobs are scarce. This is not the perfect job by any means. Avoid it if you can. However, if you need the job, apply. Perhaps things will change but the odds of that happening are nil. Just heed the warning.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Lapdog... that's just wrong. I wouldn't wish a cancer death on anyone, no matter how much I hated him.

7. boots

boots New Member

As someone who has lost friends to it, including one last night, that's just plain stupid to say and to wish upon anyone.

8. JRC bites

JRC bites New Member

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd like to see an honest-to-goodness JRC defender or advocate come on the board. Not as a challenge or anything, I just think it'd be nice to see how the other side presents itself. I don't doubt that working at the Trentonian or a JRC paper in general is a bad deal. But there's people who don't hate working in their newsroom, right?

10. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Doubtful.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Boots I take it you're agreeing with me (because it sure seems like it), in which case you should have quoted lapdog and not me.

12. boots

boots New Member

Yes I am agreeing with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.