1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor--Las Vegas Review Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Left_Coast, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

http://apse.dallasnews.com/job_board/2007/2050.html

Blondebomber, did they find you out? ;)

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Nah ... How many times do I have to tell you guys I'm not in sports? Anyway, not even sure why they'd stage a national search for this position. All they have to do is place a call to the Greenspun pubs to grab some pretty decent help already in town. Some of the old Sun folks are still banging around. One of the ones the Sun held onto (Jeff Haney) would be a nice addition. Beyond that there are a few more to choose from.

3. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

So blonde, how did this opening come about? Did someone exit the department?

4. Jeff_Albertson

Jeff_Albertson New Member

Haven't they traditionally done their searches through a recruiter? Why the change?

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

This gig won't pay enough to be worth a recruiter's time.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

You're right. And the cost of living there is definitely on the rise.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They used a recruiter for the SE opening ... then stayed internal.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is a Stephens gig, but Stephens Vegas >>>>> the rest of their papers.

9. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Not to be repetitive, but BB, what's the word? Did someone exit the department?

10. AllenCone

AllenCone New Member

Jeremy Pond, a copy editor at the R-J, took a job as an assistant to Norm Clarke, who is the paper's gossip columnist. Jeremy replaced me as a sports copy editor two years ago.

11. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Sorry. Hadn't visited this thread in a few days. I was trying to stay away because I've pretty much said all there is to say about the paper and every time I think about how many changes need to be made it angers up the blood.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Does this pay enough to allow me to play blackjack with Charles Barkley on the weekends. There is no night and weekend work, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted