1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor, Idaho Statesman

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tunisia1, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Linky, linky: (By the way, the reason the writer seems to dislike the newspaper is because a Boise Weekly reporter and Prater got into it on his radio show and then the reporter wrote a column and flamed him. I am not totally sure on the details, but I do know there are a lot of people in the media that think they do just a little too much on Boise State and not enough on anything else in town):

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A162040

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Which is to suggest there is anything else in town. As compelling as the Boise Hawks and Idaho Stampede and Steelheads are, I'm thinking nobody gives two shits. But yeah, let's have more on the Albertson College Coyotes. </idahoguyrant>

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It can be said there is nothing else to cover, but the fact is Boise is still not the big of a town and they should be doing a much better job on high school sports. Also, once any of the minor league teams goes on a losing streak the Statesman conveniently stops showing up to their games.
    The actual coverage of Boise State is not a bad thing because it is the closest to pro sports you have in Idaho, the real problem is they only cover the football team. There is no coverage on any other sport. BSU has really, really good tennis and track and those only get briefs in the paper. That is OK in a city the size of Seattle, but in a city as small as Boise, the Statesman should be covering everything at BSU, not just the stupid blue turf. <anotheridahoguyrant>

4. Shane_213

Shane_213 New Member

I thought you moved to Texas, Tunisia1 ... Big Buddy says Hi.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bump. Anybody heard anything?

Draft saved Draft deleted