1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor for News and Sports, Tulsa World

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JRoyal, Jul 25, 2015.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Copy Editor is an entry level position. Duties will include editing copy for both news and sports, in addition to headline writing and posting stories online. Hours and days off will vary initially. Experience at an internship or smaller newspaper is a plus.

4:30 pm to 12:30 am, nights and weekends.

To apply, send resume to resumes@tulsaworld.com.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Copy Editor for News and Sports

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

That's the "official" posting above. Here's my added two-cents since I work here: We have a universal desk, and we'd like someone versatile. We'd love someone who handles sports but then can move to news or business or food or movie reviews.

And this is unrelated to the Sports Slot position we also have open. We have two openings on the desk.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I love Tulsa and I've made the World my home. If you have any questions, let me know in a message or a comment below.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don't know much about living in Oklahoma, but the Tulsa World is a solid paper. Probably a good opportunity for someone looking to move up a step.

JRoyal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted