1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor/designer, Fort Smith, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mark2010, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The Times Record in Fort Smith, Ark., has an opening for a sports page designer. Candidates must be willing to work nights and weekends. InDesign and NewsEdit skills and previous newspaper design experience are preferred. Good benefits and competitive salary. The Times Record, with a circulation of about 43,000, prints seven days a week. Please send cover letter, resume and work samples to Mardi Taylor, Copy Desk Editor, Times Record, 3600 Wheeler Ave., Fort Smith, AR 72901, or email mtaylor@swtimes.com.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can't speak to the paper (SHUT UP, THOSE WHO KNOW ME) but the SE there is a god among men.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ehhhh...

4. printdust

printdust New Member

I'll second that. And add, good people on hand. Not very many good gigs get posted, but this one is among them.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Mardi is a great boss, and the desk crew includes some of my best friends (not sure if that helps :)) It's a pretty nice area, close to NWA and all it has to offer, and the ethnic food is the best you'll find outside a big city. And, ya, the sports editor is a decent guy. Also, the writers are a cool, eclectic, hard-working lot.

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Finally met Scott, the SE, in person today. We were both covering the All-Star soccer game (yes, it does exist). Really enjoyed talking with him, seems like a good dude.

7. ScottFaldon

ScottFaldon Member

Thanks for the kind words.

If anybody has any questions about the job, paper, city or good places to eat here in town, I'll be glad to answer them.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Scott will steer you to Papa's Pub. Don't listen to him. :D :D

9. ScottFaldon

ScottFaldon Member

I think I might have been there once or twice over the years.

Draft saved Draft deleted