1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor/designer, (Boise) Idaho Stateman

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jan 12, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1421252

The Idaho Statesman is looking for a full-time sports copy editor to join our experienced and talented team. This position has many tasks, all aimed at ensuring the wire content choices and the presentation of the sports news is clean, well-organized, well-edited, easy to use and enticing. The qualified candidate must be comfortable juggling multiple tasks and make quick decisions on deadline. This person must apply strong copy editing skills, helping to produce the Sports section and special sections and have sound news judgement in preparing local and wire content for publication in our print and online products. He/She must know how to post content in online platforms and be tech-savvy enough to move our print content online. This person must demonstrate strong attention to detail. The qualified candidate works with the sports editor, sports reporters, photographers and designers from across the newsroom, and must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills. The position will require working nights and weekends. Other requirements are a four-year college degree, preferably in journalism, or equivalent knowledge and training. The Idaho Statesman is the most widely read newspaper in the state in one of the best places to live in the country.

Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:

Mike Prater

mprater@idahostatesman.com

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As we used to say on jobs threads, "release the hounds."

This looks like a great opportunity at a solid newspaper.

(I'll leave the Boise State jokes for others ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted