1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor/designer -- Bakersfield Californian

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jun 12, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Bakersfield Californian is seeking a creative and energetic sports page designer/copy editor. At least three years experience at a daily is preferred, but we will consider less qualified applicants with a proven skill level. Deadline skills and being a team player are musts. Knowledge of Quark is a plus. The position requires a college degree, preferably in journalism. This newspaper serves a sports-heavy area, with 30-plus high schools, Cal State Bakersfield (D-I baseball/basketball), minor league baseball, basketball, hockey, two stock car tracks and high interest in outdoors (fishing/hunting). Position includes overseeing TV listings and posting stories/photos on web. Background check/drug testing required before hire. E-mail sports editor Tony Lacava at tlacava@bakersfield.com. Please, no calls.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1501494

2. zewing

zewing Member

This is my shop. Good place to work, more often than not. DM me if you have questions, and I'll provide honest answers.

3. Tony Lacava may be the nicest guy in sports journalism, period.

Draft saved Draft deleted