1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor, Colorado Springs Gazette

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by David Sell, Jun 29, 2007.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It doesn't say who left.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I agree that the job and Sell are great. But the second part of this statement cannot be more true.

A few years ago I was a candidate for a position at a governing body in the Springs. Contacted a friend who worked at a different agency to get the scoop on the lifestyle there.

She had moved there with her husband so it wasn't an issue for her, but she said anyone who is liberal and/or believes in sex before marriage pretty much had to go to Denver to date. Between the hard core religious fanatics and the significant military presence, there's not a lot of open-mindedness. Sure, there are pockets where middle ground exists, but the overall atmosphere of the community is very conservative.

3. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

It's funny how we give out warnings for this but not when there's something similar in any number of cities in the Northeast, only it's LIBERAL and not CONSERVATIVE. Not trying to pick a fight I know I'll lose on this board, but there are plenty of places where the opposite can be true.

Sounds like a great gig, though.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Probably because people who are open-minded tend not to give others shit for the littlest things that might not be perfectly in line with the way they live their lives.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If you can get drunk, high and laid in Lynchburg, you can get it in Colorado Springs.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

A very dumb post.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ah, I've heard decent things about Colorado Springs. A city is what you make of it anyhow.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Damn, I don't have Pallister's approval. Whatever shall I do now?

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

In my time on this board, it seems there is always a lot more hate for the city that these jobs are in. I guess most of this board is living in paradise. For once I wanna read a job thread where there's a post and it says how lovely the town is.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sounds like you'd be a perfect fit for Martinsville!

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd like to get back to the original topic: This opening.

12. Just4Fun

Just4Fun Guest

Colorado Springs has a lot going for it in terms of the sports atmosphere. Sure would be a great gig, but it'll be fun for anyone working here over the next year when you have the USOC in town and the 2008 Olympics a little more than a year away.

Beautiful city, good college hockey and the Rockies' Triple-A team, too. I assume they'll also be doing a story on a Colorado Springs resident when the 2008 Baseball Hall of Fame class is announced (Goose Gossage lives there).

Draft saved Draft deleted