1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor, Cedar Rapids, IA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Mar 5, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Gazette in Cedar Rapids, a locally owned, daily morning newspaper, has an opening for a full-time sports copy editor. The Gazette -- the second largest daily in the state -- reaches 16 counties and more than 250 communities in east-central Iowa. This position calls for a copy editor/page designer with a desire to excel. The successful candidate will possess strong headline-writing skills, have an eye for detail, the ability to edit quickly and accurately, a thorough understanding of AP style and strong proofreading skills. Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic multitasker with an ability to communicate well. The copy editor/page designer will edit content for style, accuracy, clarity, and design and produce pages for our daily sports section and sports special sections.

Candidates should have degree in journalism or related area.

The (Cedar Rapids, IA) Gazette is an award-winning, growing, locally owned, daily morning newspaper that reaches 16 counties and more than 250 communities in Eastern Iowa.

Send resume with salary requirements and work samples to The Gazette, 500 Third Avenue SE, P.O. Box 511, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406

2. They are pretty desperate to fill this position. I didn't apply for it and am a writer that has some pages posted on newspagedesigner. And they have e-mailed me on three separate occasions asking if I'm interested in this job.
    My point is, if you want this job it should be pretty easy to get.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

and don't forget to ask for an extra week of vacation since they're so desperate.

4. boots

boots New Member

The drawback is moving to Iowa but that town is pretty cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted