1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor at Des Moines Register

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mark Emmert, May 10, 2010.

1. Mark Emmert

Mark Emmert New Member

The Des Moines Register is searching for an energetic copy editor for the sports staff at one of the most respected newspapers in the country. The Register straddles Big Ten and Big 12 country and covers four Division I universities, triple-A levels of baseball and basketball teams, burgeoning auto-racing scene, and prides itself on a sophisticated and in-depth approach to prep sports.

Degree in journalism required. Recent college graduates will be considered with proven experience in copy editing and page design.

Des Moines is Iowa’s rapidly growing capital city with fast growing suburbs and a downtown in the midst of a building boom: including a new downtown library, arena, entertainment venues and a blossoming urban neighborhood of lofts, shops and restaurants. Yet it remains a comfortably sized metro area with reasonable commutes.

We offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, generous vacation policy, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.

Send resume, cover letter, examples of your work and salary requirements to:
    The Des Moines Register
    Human Resources
    715 Locust Street
    Des Moines, Iowa 50309
    Fax: (515) 286-2526
    E-mail: dklootwyk@dmreg.com

The Des Moines Register is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and acceptable motor vehicle record.

2. Haneluca

Haneluca New Member

I think I'm a little under-qualified for this one. However, I just graduated from Iowa State so if anyone has questions about Des Moines or the surrounding area, let me know.

Draft saved Draft deleted