1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cops shoot, kill autistic boy, 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 9, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Does the outrage extend to 9-year-olds?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Of course it moves the needle.

The Louisiana AG is handling be prosecution. The state police are handling the investigation.

Nothing appears to be swept under the rug. Let's see what happens but I'm entirely unclear what you think is supposed to happen next.

Riots?

A white lives matters campaign?

Some sort of hash tag?

franticscribe likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

People could give more of a shit. Saying it's being handled, move on, is -- once again -- fucking terrible for this little boy.

4. Mr. Sunshine

This story hits particularly close to home, and it reminds me that most people are too preoccupied by self-serving nonsense to put much effort into caring about anything that doesn't allow them to act smugly and shit on people who disagree with them. I'm certainly guilty of that at times, but, again, this story struck me more than most, and I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing a story that involves equal amounts of tragedy and uncertainty. This doesn't appear to be, as Jay suggests, an open-and-shut case we'd be better off ignoring.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Take away guns from 75 percent of cops. Better for them, better for us.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Your concern is noted.

7. TheSportsPredictor

I understand where you are coming from.

I think the point in this one is that the cops were arrested right away. It looks as if justice will be served. At least someone has to answer for it, whatever the result will be. In many of the other cases, no one even gets that. And that's where much of the outrage comes from.

I am glad these guys were arrested and charged right away. I'm surprised there hasn't been much blame the father for not complying with the police. That's what you always hear; if only the person had done what the police told him, nothing would have happened.

8. Mr. Sunshine

I see you, too, are very upset by the boy's death.

9. TheSportsPredictor

This thread is almost as long as the one about the 9-year-old killed in Chicago, a kid you've shown you don't care about.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Huh, this is among the damndest things ever posted here.

I suggested no such thing. I'd just like the see where the investigation goes before I get my panties in a wad about something.

Nothing about the case makes the slightest bit of fucking sense but I'll let you get started on the hashtag campaign to raise awareness of this murder of a child that everyone agrees is a horrific thing and already has a high level of national awareness.

#HashTagsMatter

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll just say I suspect there's a lot more to this story than currently meets the eye. And if what I think is going to come out comes out, it's going to look even worse than it already does.

12. Mr. Sunshine

See my post on that thread. I've been following that story, too. Look, I don't want to get bogged down in dealing with a loser whose only quasi-joy comes from predictable and boring posts on this site.

Anyway, yeah, dq. My first thought is that it's some kind of contract killing and/or drug-related matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted