1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cops investigating Drew Doughty rape allegations

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 20, 2012.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Rape is hilarious.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Mistaken identity. According to some LA media, the culprit is an entirely different guy from the Kings named Brad Doty.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

... and he's really on the Sacramento Kings.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So reports KNBC News.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

For me it was a 'wow' because it came out of the blue, and also because if you'd given me 100 cracks at guessing which NHLer's name would appear in that headline, I doubt I would have guessed Doughty's.

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

People making judgments about this one way or the other are likely incorrect. We cannot assume that simply because someone is of "poor reliability", that they did not have a crime committed against them. Unfortunately, DA's have to make judgement calls and likely end up throwing out as many legitimate cases as they do wolf cries. I don't think we can definitively say one way or the other if this claim had any basis without being privy to the information that the DA used to make his or her ruling and even with it, our chances of making the right call are just as good as a coin flip. It all comes down to what can be proven.

Drew put himself in a bad position, more than likely, for this to have even advanced to this point. His innocence or guilt is not for anyone of us to decide, as we will never know. An absence of evidence is not always for lack of criminality, but just as frequently circumstantial. It's the reality of the world we live in.

Just wanted to be clear that this message is not directed at anyone on this board.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No charges filed. "Credibility problems" with the accuser.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/07/kings-player-drew-doughty-will-not-face-sexual-assault-charges.html

Draft saved Draft deleted