1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copa America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, May 27, 2016.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fire Klinsmann.

2. Inky_Wretch

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

God bless Alexi Lalas. So nice to hear someone on these broadcasts who won't whine and make excuses.

4. Inky_Wretch

Hey now, Klinsmann just said the performance was OK.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Roberto Martinez needs a job. I think.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I loved Klinsi when he was with Die Mannschaft. But his style just doesn't translate. It's time.

7. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

Panama is truly showing how bad Bolivia is. Panama is also a team with a lot of MLS players on the roster...

Lalas is a clown. He's the perfect ESPN analyst. He says nothing and sounds great doing it. (Yes, I know he's at Fox now.)

Reyna?! As much as I love my Jersey guys that have played for Rangers, he is just a figurehead at BoyCity. I'd really like to see Peter Vermes get the job as it might mean the return of Feilhaber. I really like what Jesse Marsch is doing with RBNY with the high press.

Ultimately, I want a coach that has an understanding of the talent pool and make America great again...

That was never going to happen. USA could have won, but Colombia is one of the favorites in the tournament.

Klinsmann's issue is that he has no style at all. He truly doesn't understand tacts and often gets his teams in trouble because he spends his time running players into the ground.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

U.S. could have won? From what I saw U.S. was never in the game. They appeared completely overmatched.

9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The OP said Columbia. Even Klinsmann could beat those guys.

11. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

They weren't completely overmatched. They had no tactics entering the game. They had no strategy against a team that can't defend set pieces. It was a failure in coaching.
    You're aware that they are the third ranked team in the world right now, yes? And, yes, I understand the irony of stating that USA could have won while also saying it wasn't a given.

12. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Columbia isn't as good as Colombia.

Meanwhile, Dempsey puts the US ahead from the spot, but Costa Rica looks like the better side.

studthug12 and SpeedTchr like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted