1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop to skateboarder: Don't call me dude.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That would be great.

The gangbangers could tease him about dressing like a bee.

"What are you messing with us for, Sgt. Bumblebee? You callin' us black-eyed Susans?"
    \

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Nope. And they also must be straight-edge.

3. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

Notable experts from the psychological field have concluded that DUDE'S anxious state stems from losing his mate as well as his true identity to true King Bee John Belushi.

4. A few years later, here's an update....I'll pat myself on the back for predicting that absolutely nothing would happen to the cop in question....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-officer-rivieri-cleared-20100720,0,5213089.story

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Liter o'cola

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mmmmm ... liter cola plus half a fifth of Jack.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just seeing this thread for the first time. Wow, that cop is a huge fucking douchebag.

Salvatore Rivieri, I hope somebody stomps the living shit out of you in a dark alley someday. With cops like you in the world, I'll cheer for the criminals, thanks.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Did you see the clip? I just tried to watch it and it's been pulled down.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You can still watch it on that Baltimore Sun link black dude posted.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That's French for give me some fucking cola before I break your fucking lips.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, that's where I saw it.

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I used to think this too. Then I actually had instances where I needed the cops. I hate the police in Milwaukee. And it may sound like a cliche "fuck the cops" rant but it became my reality. The first was when a drunk punched me in the back of the head at a bar. I called the police and no one showed up. I went in the next day to ask about pressing charges and they took all my information, the attacker's information, and listened to everything. I was told they would follow up and they never did, the guy wasn't even questioned about it.

Then about two weeks later my girlfriend's car was smacked by a drunk driver when I was with her. The guy just sped off but we got the plates. Called the police and no one showed up.

Last summer, my friend from college was murdered walking home from Summerfest. One of his neighbors called the police about 30 minutes before he was shot, to report two suspicious black guys standing in the bushes by his house. Cops never showed up. They shot my friend half hour later.

The cops here don't protect. They spend the weekend nights on the UWM campus giving out citations while people are getting robbed and shot in the city.

Draft saved Draft deleted