1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop tazes [great] grandmother, 72

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 10, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No. They are supposed to be used to subdue them in situations where lethal force would otherwise be necessary.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So, in other words, make them more compliant. :D

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, yes. :)

Let me try to phrase it better.

Tazers aren't supposed to be used in every situation where compliance is an issue.

(and dang if I haven't had to edit every post I've made in this thread because my fingers refuse to accept that there's no apostrophe in tazers)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If it was OK to club peaceful black protesters at sit-ins back in the 60s, I think it's OK to taze griping grandmothers these days.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

taze the ol' batalax. my answer to the oft-asked question: what if it was my grandmother is simple: my grandmothers, rest their souls, NEVER would have been in a situation leading to being tased.

listen, i'm all for vigilance for over-the-top cops. but i'm also vigilant on the side of treating officers of the law with proper respect. this witch was waaaay outta line. there was nothing apparently (great) about this grandmother. ::)

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The cop probably should have handled the situation better, but the woman definitely should not get off scot free.

Draft saved Draft deleted