1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop slips, sues family of brain-damaged boy who nearly drowned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm boycotting blue, but we're good.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You see that squiggly thing above the period at the end of my last sentence. It's called a Question Mark. I was asking a question, not making an accusation.

And I don't fully agree with you. I know some people who've had problems with insurance companies. I've never had a problem with any of mine (medical, dental, vision, home, life or car).

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Really? I've tried to collect on my life insurance three times and no luck so far.

4. Bastards!

5. OK...great for you. There are many nightmares within the insurance industry and the stories are easy to find if you're interested in learning. But again, staying focused, the insurance company stopped paying or didn't pay because the family didn't childproof the pool. And who knows how that policy reads.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think you would need a life first! :D

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When you're a cop, you're expected to risk life and limb in the performance of your duty. If you aren't willing to do that, don't be a cop. If you're going to sue the family of an accident victim because you were hurt in the line of duty, then you're in the wrong business.

Now, that said, if the cop was suing the city because the workman's comp payments stopped. I could support her. But suing the victim's family is idiotic.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Touche!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is that in the story -- that the homeowner's insurance won't pay? Because I didn't see it.

10. boots

boots New Member

In a lawsuit, you sue everyone involved or related to the case.

11. You're right, Boots.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

He is right, but that doesn't make this cop and her lawyer any less scummy.

Draft saved Draft deleted