1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop Pestered NFL Running Back While Mother-in-Law Passed Away in Hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by write then drink, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Is this douchebag fired yet?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

No doubt. Absolute power corrupts. I remember being cuffed adn "detained" in Texas. The son of a bitch told me to sit on a curb. My response was, "Dude, I am handcuffed, there is an open field, and you have a glock. Where in the fuck am I going to run. You have all the advantages. I am standing right here. I don't have any drugs. I'm not drunk. Just do what you have to do. You've got 30 minutes."
    Cop said, "Oh, you're a lawyer?"
    I said, "No, but I know in the state of Texas you have an option of detaining me a traffic stop for 30 minutes and the clock is ticking."
    He let me go with the usual I'm the cop routine, but he pulled me over because I had an out of state tag and he claimed that he couldn't see the light that hangs from my tag because it was out.
    Total bullshit. The light was on. That's what pissed me off. My kid could've thought of a better lie.
    And you're right, race means nothing to these a-holes. Just watch cops.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Moats accepts the asshole's written apology. Wife says she'd like to hear it in person.

Good for her.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/30/moats.ap/index.html

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Cop resigns:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/professional/professional_football/article/MOATGAT01_20090401-132607/246272/

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Good. Here's hoping he never has a badge and a gun again.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Zach Thomas told Todd Archer that the same cop harassed his wife.

7. Good riddance.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I saw an interview with the cop on CNN yesterday. He sounded like a complete douchebag. Glad he's gone.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Finally. I hope he's looking for a new career because no police chief in the right mind will hire this guy anywhere in the country.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If I were the police chief, I'd tear his resignation letter to shreds and fire his ass.

Of course, there's a procedure that has to run its course.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sadly from a pure legal standpoint, you take the resignation letter and count your blessings because its a clean break where you do not have to devote any resources to prove anything. Let him crawl back into the hovel he came from or apply to be a "contractor" in Iraq/Mexico/Turkey.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I almost made a Paul Blarth reference a page or two ago ... but I'm a couple days late.

Draft saved Draft deleted