1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop Pestered NFL Running Back While Mother-in-Law Passed Away in Hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by write then drink, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I now officially have a man-crush on police chief David Kunkle.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2009/03/in_which_chief_kunkle_expresse.php

"It's hard to find the right words and still be professional as a police chief."

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

The douchebag cop's Myspace. He's waiting for this to "blow over"... http://www.myspace.com/powellrob2002

And then there's this, quoted from a DMN poster...

Well I was going to get some more good quotes from our rising star but it appears he deleted one of his blogs before I could get the rest...from his xanga blog before deletion:

Saturday, October 21, 2006You drink, You drive, You rear end another car, You dont speak english, You smell like alcohol, You cant stand up straight, You cant walk a straight line, You go to jail!!!

Monday, August 28, 2006The count downs begin:18 days of work then the real work starts and I can shoot people

I believe a pattern of behavior is starting to emerge...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The sad thing is, since he technically didn't commit a crime, he'll be working for a PD in Indiana in less than a year.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

This should be the penalty for that asshole cop.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I've been pulled over for bullshit reasons several times. All but once were the cops professional, understanding and some even let me off without a ticket.

The last two times I've been pulled over has me looking over my shoulder every time I pass a cop. Once was on a four-lane highway when a cop had pulled another car over. As I was getting into the other lane, the car in front of me, going about 15 mph slower, decides to shoot over too. Startled, I swerved back into the right lane as I passed the cop. He pulled me over about five miles later for not yielding. As I told him why I passed him in the right lane, he cut me off and said, "Mmm-hmm, well the law says for you to yield." Took him to court and he never showed up. Ticket dismissed.

Then there was the douchebag cop in northern Oklahoma. Leaving town, a cop SUV towing a boat was in front of me. I figured he wasn't going far, so I stayed behind him, going 40 in a 55. About a mile outside town, the cop gets on the shoulder of the two-lane highway, as if to say, "Go ahead and pass." I wait about a quarter mile and then went, making sure I never got over 55. He pulled me over immediately. Told me I passed him in a no-passing zone, that the center line was solid. I told him it was broken when I started my pass and only became solid as I was getting back over. Told him I could have passed quicker but then I could have been pulled over for speeding. He insisted the line was solid the whole way. When I told him it was broken, he shouted at me, "Hey! I'm running the show here pal! You looking for trouble?"

All I said was, "Officer, I'm not looking for trouble. All I'm telling you is the line was center line was broken was I passed you."

He stared at, literally threw my driver's license at me, and said, "Get out of here before I give you a ticket."

6. highlander

highlander Member

And Paul Blarth can't get a job with a police force.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That Mikey didn't make that post is the greatest upset in board history.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Caught the story on the radio this morning and caught the detailed story with the cop's dash cam on ESPN. Awful story. I don't really understand WHY the cop felt it necessary to keep someone from seeing their dying mother for as simple as running a red light. Sure, he's authority, but it's called having a fucking soul.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cops hate, hate, hate it when you don't do whatever it is that they tell you to do.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I wonder what the general police reaction to this is. I remember some time ago when that kid from St. Louis recorded an encounter with an asshole cop threatening to make his life hell or some such thing, that I found a police message board where almost all the cops on it were defending the behavior of the cop in question. This despite there being no reason at all for his asshole behavior. And if I remember correctly, the cops on that message board were saying things along the lines of 'That kid better never so much as jaywalk again for the rest of his life,' as if they were out to get him for showing the true colors of one of their own to the world.

I know there are few jobs more stressful than being a cop, but the equivalent of that to journalism would be some journalist making up facts in a story, having the people involved in the story bring that made up info to light, and then everyone on this board saying that those people better never so much as submit an obit again or we'll show them what made up facts really can be. That would never happen. We'd pillory anyone caught making up facts. The cops on that message board did the exact opposite.

I'm not the type of person to inherently distrust the police, but seeing that message board and their reaction to one of their own being exposed for his true colors really altered my view of them forever.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Looking at his myspace, awwwww, he's STRESSED! Maybe it's because he realizes he has a shitty tatoo on his arm...

And the comment about getting to shoot people? Disgusting. That comment alone should require a psychological preparedness exam.

Draft saved Draft deleted