1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop in Arkansas tasers 10 year old girl.....with mother's permission

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 20, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, this is hilarious and depressing at the same time. Talk about the shallow end of the gene pool

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/728622--cop-tasers-girl-for-resisting-bedtime

The girls was having a Defcon 1 temper tantrum over bedtime. Mother calls the cops, dumbass cop can't handle a ten year old so he tasers her, handcuffs her and throws her in the back of the squad car.

And this is the money shot:

The local police chief stood behind Bradshaw and his decision.

"He had no other choice. He had to get the child under control," said Ozark police Chief Jim Noggle.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The FBI is investigating? How about Child Services? She lets a cop use a taser on her 10 year old? Fucking disgraceful.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of these power tripping cops misusing taser stories. I wish we'd just take their little toys away from them.

4. outofplace

I think the more appropriate response is to try a little harder to keep dumbasses out of law enforcement, though the mother's behavior is far more disturbing to me than the cop's.

5. mb

mb Active Member

Well, it was that or shoot her.

/jk ... i think

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No police force in history has ever found a way to do that. Same with armies in war zones.

I suspect that that having a position of power has that effect on a small percentage of all people.

7. outofplace

Oh, I know you can't keep all of the dumbasses out. But trying harder to do that seems like a better idea than taking tasers away when they can be useful tools for a police officer who isn't a jackass.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I like the last line of the story.

"Medlock said he will attempt to gain sole custody of his daughter."

He'd have to be a complete fuckup to not get it, I would think.

9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Having worked with folks who are pursuing custody, the idiocy of judges never ceases to amaze me.

10. outofplace

Also, we don't know why he didn't have it in the first place. Could be an asinine court ruling or there could be a legitimate reason.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

People in Arkansas are stupid.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why would the cops even respond to a complain that a 10-year-old was throwing a tantrum? From the report she was balled up on the floor crying. That's illegal?

Draft saved Draft deleted