1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop boots prone car-chase suspect in head, gets high-five from colleague

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, May 18, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Fucker deserved it.

Put hundreds of innocent people at risk.

Punt in the head is getting off easy.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is a prime example of why you wait until you get him to the station before you rough him up. I'm sure there is a flight stairs he could have fallen down there.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, because it's always a good idea to let cops kick suspects in the head once they've surrendered.

It's right up there with tasering defenseless people--you know, like those two RCMP officers who killed that guy in the Vancouver aiport beause they were either too lazy or too stupid to follow proper procedures.

The cop should be charged with assault.

And what the guy did has nothing to do with this cops' entirely inappropriate and unprofessional response. They're two separate issues. I'm not condoning his driving like a mad fool through what looks like residential neighbourhoods.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep, and it'll be sitting in a bank account for the next 10 years while the guy earns 12 cents an hour making license plates.

Cop was wrong for the kick and stupid enough to do it in public, but I don't blame him for an impulsive reaction.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not quite sure the guy is going be getting so rich. He probably suffered no or minimal physical harm. Sure the cop was an idiot and should be suspended/fired. But it was a single blow after a dangerous high speed chase.

6. Simon_Cowbell

You don't condone.... Riiiiiiiiiight. THAT gets a lot done.

panzy.

7. With a "z"?
    Wow.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Not one bit. Not with a kick.

Nothing wrong with making sure the asshole can't pull a fast one.

9. Simon_Cowbell

With a Z!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What are you, Mr.Badass?

The cop acted in a totally unprofessional manner and should be tried/suspended/kicked off the force. Take your pick.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Like I said, I think the cop should be in deep shit, but if I'm on the jury the driver doesn't get a dime.

12. Simon_Cowbell

You have never done the job, so you can grab a heaping mug of STFU.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

You drive like that, run the risk of having me as a cop run down an innocent mom and baby in a stroller in an effort to apprehend you.... you are getting punted in the head.

I'm seeing red at that point.

Totally justifiable.

Moats in Texas? Inexcusable.

The mass beating of Rodney King? Can't have that.

This? Mighty fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted