1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coolest job

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

At my first stop it became big news when a local reserve suddenly went out and bought a brand new Zamboni. Mostly because their hockey season was delayed at the beginning of the winter because of it. Word is some genius decided to use it to clear snow off the road at the end of the season and wrecked it. Didn't crash it, but using it to clear the streets did a number on the blade and other components. The joys of coverage in rural Alberta.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I am all for 3rd string NFL QB.

Odds are you were a decent player in college, you make a very good income and you will probably never have to come in a game that matters.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Baseball stadium announcer.

I did the announcing for a LL All-Star game last night and its damn easy and fun. Once the batter steps in, you get to enjoy the action.

Don't have to travel for away games either. Think about that Yankee guy, he gets paid for saying "Now batting No. 3, Derek Jeter, Jeter."

4. No. 3?

And "that Yankee guy" does have an easy job since he's a recording now. And dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted