1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

coolest 50-year-old man on the planet is...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 28, 2013.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

johnny depp, imho. just watched him on letterman and was reminded of the man-crush i have on him. soft-spoke, cautious, funny, i've generally enjoyed his films.... what else could any man aspire to be? oh, and i'm secure enough a hetero to fully concede the guy is drop-dead gorgeous, am i right, ladies? ... forget the 50-year-old part, he's just the coolest man, period, imho.

all this and he's playing TONTO in upcoming lone ranger flick. what could be cooler than that?

i'd welcome any opinions and/or other candidates...
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I assume you posted this only because George Clooney is 52?
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You mean it's not Jared from Subway?
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Johnny Depp seems a little out there, though.
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he's a great actor, but he comes across as a bit douchey. I did not watch Letterman last night.

I don't like Clooney's politics, but he comes across as genuine as anyone could hope an A-list actor could. He seems like a tough guy not to like.
  6. Mira

Mira Member

Oh yes, Johnny Depp is drop-dead gorgeous. And he is more than a bit out there, but I think that is a huge part of his appeal. I can't wait for The Lone Ranger. Looks like a great flick.
  7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Bob Dylan is still alive. And Nick Cave is 55.
  8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I find Johnny Deep ugly, greasy and completely weird in a non-charming way.
  9. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Johnny looks like he could bathe more frequently, but he is gorgeous. And wonderfully offbeat IMO.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

11. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I think Depp is a heck of an actor and like the fact that he chooses a lot of his roles now because they're in movies he'd like his kids to see. Nothing wrong with being a little "out there."
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Clooney > Depp
Draft saved Draft deleted